The Key Largo Anglers Club began at the turn of the twentieth century as a small fishing camp and trading post on the Bay side of Card Sound. In the early 1930’s the club became part of the “Florida Year Round Club” owned by Roney Investment Company which included the exclusive Miami Biltmore and Roney Plaza on Miami Beach. The Club was purchased by the Camray Corporation in 1945 and was managed by Clint and Kay Campbell for the next 18 years.